Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Recreational Baking

Chocolate Mice that I made 


Cooking: (n). 1. The act of preparing food to eat.

Most everyone has to do it. Some enjoy spending time and effort cooking more than others. Some, like myself, find it to be an irksome and mundane task. For many of us average folk, preparing the same old breakfasts, lunches, and dinners week in and week out becomes a chore very quickly. That is why I infinitely prefer baking over cooking.

Baking: (n). 1. Cooking food without direct exposure to a flame, typically in an oven or over a hot surface.

Simply put, baking is making an edible treat for yourself or someone else. Unlike cooking, you can make what you bake cute, colorful, and appealing as well as delicious. Some of my favorite things to make are chocolate mousse, cookies, and yes, cake.

I don't really plan on making a career of baking or anything like that. To me, it is just an enjoyable hobby. It's entertaining to see what you can create with food and how your creation turns out once you have finished it.



                                    "If you're afraid of butter, use cream."
-Julia Child






2 comments:

  1. I never really thought of the difference between cooking and baking before but,I think like you I prefer baking. I am also very excited to see what creations you have in store. May I suggest something super kawaii desu like pandas? ... pandas~ http://cutestfood.com/1851/adorable-panda-cake/

    ReplyDelete